Direct and Indirect Speech: Practice Sheet 1
Turn these sentences with direct speech into those with indirect speech:
- Peter said, "I have got a toothache".
- Annie said, "I am very busy now".
- "Give me a cup of water," Mark told her.
- Jessica said, "I am going to college."
- She said to me, "Thank you"
- Steven said, "Ashley must go tomorrow".
- Emily says, "My father is a teacher."
- Peter said that he had got a toothache.
- Annie said that she was very busy then.
- Mark asked her to give him a cup of water.
- Jessica said that she was going to college.
- She thanked me.
- Steven said that Ashley would have to go the following day.
- Emily says that her father is a teacher.