Punctuation Practice Sheet 1
Punctuation marks help us to make sense of what we are reading.
. A full stop tells us to stop.
? A question mark tells us that a question is being asked.
, A comma tells us to pause. It is used to separate items in a list.
Punctuate these sentences correctly. Put it capital letters, full stops, question marks and commas.
- gold iron silver and lead are all metals
- cyprus corsica malta and sicily are all islands
- how many days are there in a week
- did you seen any zebra at the zoo
- does she know how to make tea
- sam invited joe kin tim and jack to his party
- orange yellow green blue indigo and violet are rainbow colors
- Gold, iron, silver and lead are all metals.
- Cyprus, Corsica, Malta and Sicily are all islands.
- How many days are there in a week?
- Did you see any zebra at the zoo?
- Does she know how to make tea?
- Sam invited Joe, Kin, Tim and Jack to his party.
- Orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet are the rainbow colors.