Modal verbs grammar exercise part 2
How to complete the exercise on modal verbs of ability?
To complete the exercise put in the following modal verbs of ability into the missing blanks. If none of the verbs are possible then in the correct tense use 'be able to'.
Be able to
Modal verbs of ability exercise
- I ________________ understand the chapter we had to read for homework. It was really difficult.
- I ________________ lift this suitcase – it's too heavy! Would you please help me?
- Sarah ________________ make it to our meeting after all. She's stuck in traffic at the moment.
- Jason ________________ play table tennis very well. He's champion of his local club.
- Unfortunately, I really ________________ sing at all! No-one in my family is musical either.
- When the motorbike broke down I was really pleased because I ________________ solve the problem.
- Julian ________________ play excellent golf when he was only ten.
- My grandmother ________________ use a computer until last month. Since then, she's been taking lessons at the library.
- I ________________ open this window. I think it's stuck!
- Gill ________________ play the piano. She's never studied it.
Answers to the exercise
To view the answers click on the link Modal verbs of ability exercise part 2
Lessons that are related
To view any of the lessons below click on link.
Dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson