Exercise gerunds and present past participles that end in -ing or –ed?
How to complete the exercise on gerunds and present past participles that end in -ing or –ed?
During this exercise you will be able to practise what your knowledge on gerunds and present past participles. To complete the exercise choose the correct word of the two to complete the sentence.
Exercise gerunds and present past participles
1. When ________________ about what quality he valued above all in a general, Napoleon always replyed "good luck".
2. The most ________________ issue is the dispute over the scale of EU expenditure.
3. Among those ________________ the ordination, were women describing themselves as bishops.
4. The animal, ________________ to have escaped from a London zoo, was caught by the police after 2 hours trying to find it.
5. The team, ________________ from the English Premiership every season, have a massive financial loss in revenue.
6. ________________ like a champion, the boxer quickly finished off his
7. ________________ once in his first 35 fights, he went on to become the world champion of the world.
8. ________________ plans for the UK's EU presidency, the prime minister argued that the EU would fail if did not meet the challenge of globalisation.
9. They have new biology courses taught through real life contexts, ________________ ecology and climate change.