Changing a Sentence To Have The Same Meaning Exercise 2
How to complete the exercise on sentence exercise about general things
Underneath there is a list of seven sentences and each has a second sentence underneath complete the sentence using no more than 3 words. After each new sentence should have the same meaning as the first.
Changing a Sentence exercise 2
1. They were making too much noise.
They were being ________________ noisy.
2. If I don't work harder, I will fail.
I will fail ________________ I work harder.
3. Why don't you tell them the truth about what happened?
If I were you, I ________________ tell them the truth about what happened.
4. I like travelling by bus more than travelling by train.
I prefer travelling by bus ________________ travelling by train.
5. I haven't done it for years.
It's been years ________________ I did it.
6. There are many shops in the town.
The town ________________ a lot of shops.
7. There are only a few opportunities for us.
There aren't ________________ opportunities for us.
Answers to the exercise
To view the answers click on the link Different Sentence same meaning Exercise Answers
Lessons that are related to the exercise
To view any of the lessons below click on link.
Easy pace Learning online dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson