Changing a Sentence To Have The Same Meaning Exercise
How to complete the exercise on sentence exercise about television and music
Below is a list of 7 sentences and each has a second sentence underneath complete the sentence using no more than 3 words. After each new sentence should have the same meaning as the first.
Changing a Sentence exercise
1. I prefer listening to music to watching television.
I like listening to music ________________ watching television.
2. Television has too much advertising.
Television has ________________ adverts.
3. There are only a few good programmes on television that I like watching.
There aren't ________________ good programmes on television worth watching.
4. I haven't watched television for ages.
It's been a long time ________________ I watched television.
5. If I don't buy some new music every month, I get bored with my collection.
I get bored with my collection ________________ I buy some new music every month.
6. Why don't you stay in and watch television this afternoon?
If I were you, I ________________ in and watch television this afternoon.
7. They have a lot of repeats on television at the moment.
There ________________ a lot of repeats on television lately.
Answers to the exercise
To view the answers click on the link Different Sentence same meaning Exercise Answers
Lessons that are related to the exercise
To view any of the lessons below click on link.
Easy pace Learning online dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson