Present Simple and Progressive exercise
How to complete the exercises on present simple and progressive
There are 2 exercise to the complete the first one you have to choose the correct verb form to complete the sentence. The last exercise you have to ask the questions to the answers that are listed.
Choose the correct verb form in the following sentences:
1. She from home today. (works / is working)
2. Leave me alone- I to work. (try / am trying)
3. I what she's saying. (don't understand / am not understanding)
4. 'What's the weather like?' 'It .' (rains / is raining).
5. What he do? (do / does).
6. She usually to work by car. (come / comes / is coming)
7. He believe in God. (isn't believing / don't believe / doesn't believe)
8. It me twenty minutes to get to work most days. (take / takes / is taking)
9. His company closed so he for work. (look / looks / is looking)
10. your meal? (do you enjoy / are you enjoying)
Make the questions for each answer listed below:
1. ' ?' 'There are three.'
2. ' ?' "He lives in Lisbon.
3. ' ?' 'No,she doesn't.'
4. ' ?' 'They're on the table in the living-room.'
5. ' ?' 'It costs $30.'
6. ' ?' 'It's mine.'
7. ' ?' 'No, I don't.'
8. ' ?' 'No, I'm not.'
9. ' ?' 'Never.'
10. ' ?' 'Because I'm tired.'
11. ' ?' 'John does.'
12. ' ?' 'It the second road on the left.'
13. ' ?' 'Yes, she does.'
14. ' ?' 'No, he isn't.'
15. ' ?' 'Once a week.'
Print the questions onto some paper
To print the lesson right click on a white space and select print or copy and past the categories onto a word document and the print.
Unable to print
If you are unable to print, then write the questions onto some blank paper.
Lessons that are related to the exercise
To view any of the lessons below click on link.
Easy pace Learning online dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson