English New Year's Resolutions Adverbs of Frequency
How to complete the exercise
Below is a list of 17 New Year resolutions about someone who is learning English. You need to add adverbs of frequency like "sometimes" or "never", or "twice a week" or "once every three months" to the sentences below make sure to put the adverbs of frequency in the correct position.
- Next year I am going to:
- Read an English book.
- Listen to the radio in English
- Watch a movie in English with English subtitles Watch a DVD in my language with English subtitles Watch a DVD in English without subtitles
- Use an English-English dictionary
- Do online chat in English
- Write to a penfriend in English
- Listen to radio with an English speaking DJ
- Listen to English speech radio such as BBC World Service or Voice of America
- Meet with a conversation exchange partner
- Do an internet search in English
- Write emails in English
- Read the lyrics of English language songs. Play language learning computer games
- Go through a list of new vocabulary I have learnt
- Listen to an English language audio guide in a museum
- Sing English language songs
- Record myself speaking English
Question about learning English
Try and write as much as you can about the following questions
What parts of your English skills do you most want or need to improve?
What are the best ways of improving those skills?
What things do you think you need to do most often to improve your English?
What do you think are the best ways of learning English from the list above?
Print the questions onto some paper
To print the lesson right click on a white space and select print or copy and past the categories onto a word document and the print.
Unable to print
If you are unable to print, then write the questions onto some blank paper.
Lessons that are related to the exercise
To view any of the lessons below click on link.
Easy pace Learning online dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson