Exercise on Easily confused words Answers.
Answers to the exercise easily confused words
Below is the answers from the exercise Easily confused words exercise learning English
1. If you aren’t sure of a word, check its meaning in your dictionary.
2. I’m not sure if they’re coming.
3. She’s done well, hasn’t she?
4. It cannot be ready on time.
5. I did hardly any work yesterday.
6. It was a rush, but we just managed to get there in time.
7. You really ought to help more often.
8. I had less time than I needed.
9. It was cancelled because of the bad weather.
10. She’s away on a business trip.
11. Thieves robbed my office last night.
12. I’ll see her during the summer.
13. If you don’t stop smoking, you’ll be seriously ill.
14. I met them on holiday.
15. She’ll be back soon; she’s gone to the bank.
16. I want it ready by five o’clock.
17. I must pay my phone bill this week.
18. What time does your train get to the station?
19. I must return the books I borrowed from the library.
20. I arrived home late, so I missed the film on TV.
Print the answers on some paper
To print the lesson right click on a white space and select print or copy and past the questions onto a word document and the print.
Lessons that are related to the exercise
To view any of the lessons below click on link.
Big English word list from A to Z with brief definitions
A list of British words from A to Z not used in the United States
Easy pace Learning online dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson