Exercise on easily confused words
How to complete the exercise on easily confused words
To complete the exercise you have to choose the correct word or phrase to complete the sentences.
1. If you aren’t sure of a word, check its/it’s meaning in your dictionary.
2. I’m not sure if they’re/ there coming.
3. She’s done well, isn’t/hasn’t she?
4. It can not/cannot be ready on time.
5. I did hardly/hard any work yesterday.
6. It was a rush, but we just managed to get there in/on time.
7. You really should/ought to help more often.
8. I had less/fewer time than I needed.
9. It was cancelled because/because of the bad weather.
10. She’s away on a business journey/trip.
11. Thieves stole/robbed my office last night.
12. I’ll see her while/during the summer.
13. If/Unless you don’t stop smoking, you’ll be seriously ill.
14. I met them on holiday/holidays.
15. She’ll be back soon; she’s been/gone to the bank.
16. I want it ready until/by five o’clock.
17. I must pay/pay for my phone bill this week.
18. What time does your train get/reach to the station?
19. I must return the books I lent/borrowed from the library.
20. I arrived home late, so I lost/missed the film on TV.
Print the exercise on some paper
To print the lesson right click on a white space and select print.
Not able to print the exercise
If you are unable to print the exercise you can just write down each sentence on a piece of paper.
Answers to the exercise
To view the answers to the exercise click on the link below.
Lessons that are related to the exercise
To view any of the lessons below click on link.
Easy pace Learning online dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson