Learning English words starting with Y and their meaning
What will I learn from the lesson words starting with y and their meaning?
During this lesson you will be able to look up words that you have seen in the lesson you are doing it will give you a brief explanation and tell you if it's a verb, noun, adjective, adverb, preposition. pronoun or conjunction.
Click on a letter to get another list of the English words and meaning.
[ A ] [ B ] [ C ] [ D ] [ E ] [ F ] [ G ] [ H ] [ I ] [ J ] [ K ] [ L ] [ M ] [ N ] [ O ] [ P ] [ Q ] [ R ] [ S ] [ T ] [ U ] [ V ] [ W ] [ X ] [ Y ] [ Z ]
The Parts of Speech
- n. (noun) - a name word
- v. (verb) - an action word
- ad. (adjective/adverb) - a describing word
- prep. (preposition) - a word used to show a relation
- pro. (pronoun) - a word used in place of a noun
- conj. (conjunction) - a joining word
Words beginning with y
- year - n. a period of time equal to twelve months
- yellow - ad. having the color like that of gold or the sun
- yes - ad. used to express agreement or to permit
- yesterday - n. the day before today
- yet - ad. at some time before now ("Have they arrived yet?"); now; at this time ("I cannot tell you about it yet."); conj. however ("The sun was shining, yet it was cold.")
- you - pro. the person or persons being spoken to
- young - ad. in the early years of life; not old
Easy pace Learning online dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson