Learning English words starting with q and their meaning
What will I learn from the lesson words starting with q and their meaning?
During this lesson you will be able to look up words that you have seen in the lesson you are doing it will give you a brief explanation and tell you if it's a verb, noun, adjective, adverb, preposition. pronoun or conjunction.
Click on a letter to get another list of the English words and meaning.
[ A ] [ B ] [ C ] [ D ] [ E ] [ F ] [ G ] [ H ] [ I ] [ J ] [ K ] [ L ] [ M ] [ N ] [ O ] [ P ] [ Q ] [ R ] [ S ] [ T ] [ U ] [ V ] [ W ] [ X ] [ Y ] [ Z ]
The Parts of Speech
- n. (noun) - a name word
- v. (verb) - an action word
- ad. (adjective/adverb) - a describing word
- prep. (preposition) - a word used to show a relation
- pro. (pronoun) - a word used in place of a noun
- conj. (conjunction) - a joining word
Words beginning with q
- quality - n. that which something is known to have or be ("An important quality of steel is its strength."); amount of value or excellence ("Their goods are of the highest quality.")
- question - v. to ask; to express wonder or disbelief; n. a sentence or word used in asking for information; a problem; an issue to be discussed
- quick - ad. fast
- quiet - ad. with little or no noise; having little or no movement; calm