List of body parts idioms about sweat and their meanings
How the idioms are listed
There are 3 parts to each idioms the first part is what the idiom is, then an explanation of what it means and the last part is an example of how to use it in a sentence.
How do I use the list of human body parts idioms A to Z?
To use the list of idioms click on each letter of the alphabet to get the list of the human body parts idioms for that letter.
[ A ] [ B ] [ C ] [ D ] [ E ] [ F ] [ G ] [ H ] [ I ] [ J ] [ K ] [ L ] [ M ] [ N ] [ O ] [ P ] [ Q ] [ R ] [ S ] [ T ] [ U ] [ V ] [ W ] [ X ] [ Y ] [ Z ]
Click on the links below to view
- Body parts idioms about the throat
- Body parts idioms about bones
- Body parts idioms about sweat
- Body parts idioms about blood
- Body parts idioms about the stomach
- Body parts idioms about the heart
- Body parts idioms about the neck
- Body parts idioms about shoulders
- Body parts idioms about the breathe / breath
- Body parts idioms about the backs
These links are not on the A to z of idioms only on the common animals idioms
Human body parts idioms about sweat
blood, sweat, and tears
- great personal effort
We put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into fixing our old house.
break into a cold sweat (about something)
- to become nervous or frightened about something
I broke into a cold sweat when I went to tell my teacher about my mistake.
by the sweat of one's brow
- by one's hard work or effort
The restaurant owner built his business by the sweat of his brow.
- to be very anxious and tense about something
I began to sweat blood when I heard that some of our staff may be transferred to another city.
sweat it out
- to wait patiently until something bad or unpleasant ends
We had to sweat it out with no food while our car was being repaired.
Lessons that are related to the exercise
To view any of the lessons below click on link.
Dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson