List of animal idioms about a mouse and their meanings
How does the list works?
There are 3 parts to each idioms the first part is what the idiom is, then an explanation of what it means and the last part is an example of how to use it in a sentence.
How do I use the list of animal idioms A to Z?
To use the list of idioms click on each letter of the alphabet to get the list of the animal idioms for that letter.
[ A ] [ B ] [ C ] [ D ] [ E ] [ F ] [ G ] [ H ] [ I ] [ J ] [ K ] [ L ] [ M ] [ N ] [ O ] [ P ] [ Q ] [ R ] [ S ] [ T ] [ U ] [ V ] [ W ] [ X ] [ Y ] [ Z ]
Click on the links below to view
- Animal idioms about a wolf
- Animal idioms about a cat
- Animal idioms about a cow
- Animal idioms about a mouse
- Animal idioms about dogs
- Animal idioms about monkeys
- Animal idioms about horses
- Animal idioms about pigs
- Animal idioms about sheep
- Animal idioms about rats
Animal idioms about a mouse
as poor as a church mouse
- very poor
My cousin is as poor as a church mouse and never has any money to spend.
as quiet as a mouse
- very quiet, shy
I was as quiet as a mouse when I left my house early this morning.
the best-laid plans of mice and men
- the best thought-out plans that anyone can make
The best-laid plans of mice and men could not prevent our travel problems.
play cat and mouse with (someone)
- to tease or fool someone, to change between different types of behavior when dealing with someone
The man is playing cat and mouse with his company about his plans to quit or not.
when the cat's away, the mice will play
- when you are not watching someone they may get into trouble
When the cat's away, the mice will play and when the teacher left the classroom the students began to play around.
Lessons that are related to the exercise
To view any of the lessons below click on link.
Dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson