Types of clothes for men, women babies and accessories English vocabulary
This English lesson you will start learning types of clothes for men, women and babies. The Video shows the different vocabulary for men's, women and babies clothing, every item of clothing is shown with an image with the English word.
What does's the video on men, women and babies show?
Then video shows the different types of clothes for men, women and babies. The video shows an image/picture with the vocabulary for each item of clothing.
Clothes for men, women and babies vocabulary
List of clothing for men ladies and babies vocabulary
Below is a list of clothing try and remember what each word is without looking at the video again, there are a few not shown in the video. There are a few items of clothing that are not included in the video.
- Suit / suits: Suits can be worn by men a women suit are different to a mans suit.
- Waistcoat / waistcoats: Are worn with a suit although women tend not to wear them.
- Long-sleeved shirt / long-sleeved: Shirts Shirts are worn with suits, but also can be worn with trousers or jeans.
- Short-sleeved shirt / short-sleeved shirts:
- Tie / ties: Ties are worn with shirts and also when wearing a suit.
- dress / dresses: A garment for women and girls, that consists of bodice and skirt in one piece.
- Blouse / blouses: Worn with a women's suit or with a skirt.
- Skirt / skirts: Skirts are only from the waist down and can vary in length.
- Tank-top / tank-tops: A item of clothing that as no arms and has shoulder straps.
Uni-Sex (clothes that can be worn by a man or women)
- Coat / coats: Coats normally are waist length, but can be as long as ankle length, and are used to protect us from the weather.
- Jacket / jackets: most jackets are waist length and open down the front.
- T-shirt / t-shirts: a light garment where the short sleeves, t-shirts get there names as when laid flat look like the letter t.
- Polo shirt / polo shirts: a short-sleeved, pullover sport shirt, normally of cotton, with a round neckband or a turnover collar.
- Trouser / trousers: Worn with a shirt or as part of a suit, however they can be worn with a t-shirt as well.
- Jean / jeans: Normally are a blue colour , but can be most colours and Levis are a popular brand.
- Short / shorts: Can be knee length or shorter depending on the style.
- Jumper / jumpers or pullover / pullovers: A garment that is pulled over your head so it can be worn.
- Cardigan / cardigans: Normally a collarless knitted sweater or jacket that opens down the front.
- sweatshirt / sweatshirts: A garment that is pulled over your head so it can be worn.
- Nappy / nappies: Used on babies till they are toilet trained.
- Baby grows: Covers the whole body and is fastened on the back.
- Dummy / dummies: To help sooth babies.
HoIiday and leisure clothes
- swimming trunk / swimming trunks: Can be a pair of shorts or skin tight pair of briefs.
- bikini / bikinis: A 2 piece costume ladies wear on the beach or swimming.
- swimsuit / swimsuits / or swimmimg costume / swimmimg costumes: A 1 piece item that covers the body from the neck to the waist.
- vest / vests
- bra / bras
- knicker / knickers or brief / briefs:
- stockings or suspenders:
- vest / vests:
- Shoe / shoes (unisex): can be worn for many things such as, going to work, shopping and walking.
- High heels (ladies shoes): A ladies shoe that as a heel that can be between 1 inch and 10 inch.
- boot / boots: Boots are normally ankle high, although ladies boots sometime can be knee high.
- wellington / wellingtons: normally about knee height and used to stop your feet wet.
- Slipper / slippers: Only worn in side the house to help keep your feet warm.
- Sock / socks (unisex): A garment worn on the foot before putting your shoes or trainers on.
- Trainer / trainers: Can be used for most sports and also worn as a fashion statement.
- Flip flops: Are a thong sandal and the name was given due to the noise when people walk in them.
- Plimsolls: Normally worn when going to the gym.
- Baseball cap / baseball caps: Worn by many young people as a fashion statement, it can be worn to shield the sun from your eyes.
- Sun hat / sun hats: Used to protect your head and shoulders from the sun.
- Bowler hat / bowler hats: An old English hat from the 1800's and still worn sometimes by the upper class.
- Knitted hat / knitted hats or woolen hat(s) or bobble hat(s): Worn when the weather is very cold.
Clothes for men and women vocabulary
Clothes and accessories vocabulary
Lessons that are related to clothes for men women babies and accessories vocabulary
To view a lesson just click on the link.
Easy pace Learning online dictionary and how to use dictionaries
Click on the following link for the Online English dictionary - English lesson