English lesson learning simple present tense
What will I learn from the lesson learning simple present tense?
During this lesson you will learn to talk about situations and frequency of events. The last part of the lesson you will learn about events that are permanent and also occur frequently.
What is simple present tense?
By using simple present tense you are able to talk about permanant situations and also the frequency of events.
Third person ending -s, es, ies.
|Verbs that take -s||
he / she eats
he / she plays
he / she dances
|Verbs that take -es||
he / she goes
he / she brushes
he / she watches
|Verbs that take -ies||to study||he / she studies|
Video showing simple present tense
When using simple present tense it can be used to show how often an event happens using adverbs of frequency.
always, never, usually, often, sometimes, occasionally, seldom, rarely.
|What do you usually do on the weekend?||
I always go out with my friends to the mall.
I usually stay in and cook food for my family.
I sometimes go to the local park and feed the animals.
I rarely go parties.
daily, every day, weekly, before, after, monthly, day, then, hour
I go to the gym every day.
I take a shower every day.
I wash my hands before eating any food.
I brush my teeth after every meal.
I watch TV, and then i go to bed.
Try ask a question and then answer.
usually / have lunch / twelve o' clock?
1) Do you usually have lunch at twelve 0' clock? (The Question)
2) Yes, I do or No, I don,t. I Eat lunch at one o' clock (The answer)
Using the example try make sentences for the following words:-
- usually / wash hands / before lunch
- always / brush teeth / after dinner
- usually / go to school / bus
- sometimes / watch TV / in the morning
- usually / study / in the afternoon
- classes / always start / at three 0' clock
- usually / finish school / at four 0' clock
- always / go to bed / early