Reading and writing practise a school dinner lady English lesson
What will I learn from the English lesson Reading and writing practise?
During this English lesson you will read a short story then answering some questions that are relating to the story. By the end of the lesson you will have practised reading and writing skills.
A school dinner lady
Mrs Potts works in a school serving dinner to all the children. She has to start work at 6:00 a.m. and does not finish until 2:30 p.m. Mrs Potts prepares all the food, and serves all the meals. After all the meals have been served she also must clean up at the end of her shift. She likes her job and she makes good money, but sometime the students are difficult to control. Some of them try to jump ahead of the other children when they are standing in line. Some of them spill things on the floor, and Mrs Potts has to clean up the mess. A few students are slow and hold up the line. On the weekend, Mrs Potts likes to cater parties. Last weekend, she catered a wedding for forty six people. She charged eighteen pound a head, and had three hundred and fifty five pound left after paying all the bills. Mrs Potts is happy when she makes a good profit as she wants to go on holiday in the summer.
Exercise true or false
Copy and write the questions on some paper and answer the following questions using true or false
1. ________ Mrs Potts works at a school.
2. ________ after the students have spilt food on the floor, Mrs Potts has to clean it up.
3. ________ Mrs Potts shift at the school is from 6:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
4. ________ Mrs Potts charged 18 pound a head when she catered for a wedding last weekend.
5. ________ Mrs Potts had money left after paying all the bills so she was very happy.
6. ________ Mrs Potts does not like her job very much.
What do you think?
Answer the question below, try and write a few sentences on what you think.
Copy and write the question on a piece of paper and then write your answer
What do you like to eat? What is your favourite fruit, vegetable and meat?