Sports dictionary chase exercise - English lesson
What will I learn from the English lesson Sports dictionary chase exercise?
During this English lesson you will have to complete a short exercise searching for words in a dictionary. This will help you get use to using dictionary’s and remember the words for different types of sports that people like to play.
How do I complete the exercise different sports?
Make sure you have a dictionary ready if you don’t use an online dictionary. First copy and write the list of questions on some paper or a notepad. Then try and guess what the sports are, if you are struggling use the clues, and the first two letters to help you look for the word in the dictionary.
1) ja _ _ _ _ _ : Is a field sport where athletes have to throw a long spear
2) di _ _ _ _ : a spectacular sport where athletes plunge into water from high up in style
3) te _ _ _ _ : a racquet sport where athletes have to hit a ball back to each other over a dividing net
4) hu _ _ _ _ _ : athletes have to compete by running and jumping over several frames
5) fe _ _ _ _ _ : athletes use a blunt sword (also called a rapier) to hit an opponent and score a points.
6) sh _ _ _ _ _ _ : a field sport where athletes have to throw a round heavy metal ball as far as they can.
7) vo _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ : athletes serve, jump and hot the ball over a high net
8) ar _ _ _ _ _ : athletes have to compete by shooting an arrow with a bow
10) ba _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ : a popular sport in the United States of America where athletes try and slam and dunk the ball into a hanging basket-like ring
11) cy _ _ _ _ _ : athletes compete by riding bicycles on the road but can also be on a wooden track.
12) gy _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ : athletes do several acrobatic stunts and are judge by a panel of three judges
13) bo _ _ _ _ : athletes wear big gloves and punch each other
14) ba _ _ _ _ _ _ _ : two people use a racquet to hit a feathered ball (called a shuttlecock)
15) sw _ _ _ _ _ _ : a water sport where athletes moving fast in the water.
16) fo _ _ _ _ _ _ : Players can dribble, pass and kick the ball to score goals.
17) eq _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ : People compete by riding a horse over a barrier and other obstacles.
Easy Pace Forum
If you are struggling with the exercises post a question we will try and help you or post your answers and let others compare with what you have.