Exercise matching the correct idioms and proverbs to each sentence
How to complete the exercise on matching idioms and proverbs
To complete the exercise which of the following are related to the blank spaces in the second part of the exercise.
Exercise numbers idioms and proverbs
Match the following with part 2 of the exercise
- Something that is extremely rare or unique, like finding a diamond in your garden
- A bar on a golf course. That is, the place after the 18th hole.
- Slap somebody else’s hand above your heads. The number comes from the number of fingers you use.
- Half each.
- You can do two things with one action.
- I can’t dance and/ or I am clumsy in other ways, as if my there is something wrong with my body
- Feeling great, like someone who has just won the top prize in a television quiz show
- Usually or almost always, expressed as a fraction
- This phrase is used for weighing up two options, as if you were weighing two bars of gold on your hands.
Part 2 of the exercise on idioms and proverbs
Write the number for each blank and also the correct number to complete the sentence
- On the hand I don't want to give a speech at the conference, but on the other hand it will look good on my CV.
- Luckily, the piano arrived at its destination all in piece.
- heads are better than one when you are brainstorming original solutions to a problem.
- When we fly to our LA branch we can kill birds with one stone and visit some of our local dealers.
- I really tried to take part in the dance routine at the company's end of year cabaret show, but I have left feet
- When they heard that he had made the biggest trade of the year, the other traders gathered round his desk to give him high s and congratulate him.
- times out of ten, if you have a problem on the computer it is something small that can be easily fixed.
- The round of golf was quicker than we expected, so we moved onto the th hole for a quick drink before we went home.
- We had both done an equal amount of work, so it seemed fair to divide the money
- The inventor of the Walkman was one in and Sony have never really managed to replace him.
- I've been feeling like a dollars since our company took us away to that spa resort.
Print the Exercise
To print the exercise on numbers idioms and proverbs right click on a white space and choose print. You can click on the printer icon just below and to the right of the contact us menu button at the top of the page or copy and paste the part of the exercise you want onto a word document and then print onto some paper.
Lessons that are related to the exercise
To view any of the lessons below click on link.
Click on the following link for the On line English dictionary - English lesson
Easy Pace Learning Forum
If you are struggling with a lesson or an exercise post a question we will try and help you or post your answers and let others compare.